The Real Reasons Why You Shouldn't Cancel Your Routine Cleaning
Even in the event that you care for your teeth and have great dental health, it’s essential to have yearly dental check-ups and twice-yearly cleanings. At Made Ya Smile Spring Cypress, TX, we locate indications of tooth decay and periodontal disease during your exam and cleaning. If these are detected early on, they can often be fixed without trouble. However, if more detrimental issues go undetected, they could result in huge complications, like missing teeth.
Twice-yearly teeth cleanings give our Houston, TX hygienists the chance to remove buildup and tartar and clean your tooth enamel for a glowing smile. Allow us to help you and your family improve your dental health with comprehensive oral care. The American Dental Association advises kids, teens, and older patients to have their teeth cleaned professionally no less than twice every year. For people with rescinding or present periodontal disease or those who wear braces, more frequent cleanings could be needed.
What happens at a dental cleaning?
During your dental exam at Made Ya Smile Spring Cypress, TX, we will first evaluate your oral structures. Next, our team will take a dental x-ray to look for whatever complications we may not notice with the naked eye. If we notice any issues, we will craft a personalized treatment plan for your needs. Cavities are typically addressed before your teeth cleaning. However, other more serious treatments might require another trip to our Houston, TX dental facility. Throughout your cleaning, we will get rid of any bacteria on the teeth utilizing precise dental instruments. After your teeth and gum tissues are free of plaque and tartar, your enamel is polished, which helps remove any stains. Our talented hygienists will make suggestions to our patients on how to efficiently take care of their teeth in between visits.
Reasons not to skip your biannual cleaning
At Made Ya Smile Spring Cypress, TX, our team believes there are many reasons why you should never forgo a twice-yearly dental cleaning, such as:
- Preventing cavities: Having your enamel cleaned every six months allows our team to catch cavities soon. When you don't see a dentist for a long time, this bacteria can travel throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to preserve it. This circumstance will call for a restoration.
- Taking care of periodontal disease in the early stages: When periodontal disease is not taken care of, it might cause worn down gums, bone loss, and loose teeth. If you have inflamed or bleeding gum tissues, arrange an appointment at our Houston, TX office for periodontal disease detection.
- Preserving the beauty of your smile: Professional cleanings help your teeth stay as white as possible. At your dental visit, we polish your teeth to make them shine brightly.
- Good breath: Routine cleanings help keep foul breath at bay because they destroy bacteria, which might be the main reason for chronic bad breath.
- Getting an oral cancer screening: During a visit, we will look at your oral structures (including the mouth, tongue, lips, or lymph nodes) to identify signs of an issue. When caught early on, oral cancer can be treated effectively.
- Maintain your health: Your dental health may affect your complete health. Progressive gum disease may also cause cardiovascular complications. Regular dental care has been exhibited to lower your risk of having a stroke.
- Saving money on treatments: When you take care of dental wellness complications promptly, they can be treated using low-maintenance approaches. However, when you don't get the proper dental care, you may need more expensive and invasive treatments.
Arrange a dental cleaning to boost your dental health
Make sure your smile is as healthy as possible with biannual teeth cleanings at Made Ya Smile Spring Cypress, TX. Our welcoming office located in Houston, TX performs preventive dental care to address tooth decay prevention and decrease your risk of getting gum disease.