What Other Complications Could a Missing Dental Crown Cause?
If your dental crown falls out of place, you will need to know the best steps to take to protect the restoration. Crowns can pop off as a result of cavities, trauma, and even tooth grinding. Although a crown coming loose can be worrisome, our team at Made Ya Smile Spring Cypress, TX wants to help. Our team will assess your tooth to find out the correct approach to renew your smile at our Houston, TX dental facility. We could also analyze the tooth to figure out the reason it came out, forwarding us the best course of action to avoid harmful bacteria from accessing the tooth root. Ultimately, you need to take care of the tooth immediately before it becomes hard to rectify.
What to do if your dental crown falls off
As soon as a dental crown has popped off, follow these instructions to efficiently safeguard your tooth:
- Remove the crown from your mouth: Be careful not to misplace it. As soon as you take it out, store it in a sanitary cloth to carry to our office.
- Get in touch with an emergency dentist: Contact Made Ya Smile Spring Cypress, TX to set up a last-minute appointment to fix your crown.
- Utilize nonpermanent filling material: A temporary filling will guard the tooth before your appointment and make sure no food gets lodged into the fractured tooth. First, clean the tooth thoroughly before concealing it using the filling substance.
- Make sure it stays clean: Good oral hygiene is never not vital, but it's certainly necessary when you have a dental crown that has popped off. Cleanse your mouth with warm salt water after meals to remove bacteria.
- Be careful with what you eat: If you’re going through tooth sensitivity or pain, make an attempt to chew food on the opposing side of the mouth.
When you follow these guidelines, you can guarantee that you’re not damaging it.
What do dental crowns do?
Dental crowns are pieces that are placed on top of a native tooth. They are used to reinstate a tooth with a huge cavity or to defend the remaining portion of the enamel from even more damage, as well as help keep your alignment even. Before preparing the tooth for a restoration, individuals will receive local anesthesia to remain at ease throughout the appointment. Once the patient has lost feeling in the area, we address the tooth by eradicating all damage. The affected tooth may be built up at a later point to match the height of adjacent teeth.
How many years do crowns last?
It's imperative to know that dental crowns aren’t permanent. Try not to clench or grind your teeth since the pressure could loosen your restoration. A customized night guard could help protect your crown and your natural teeth. Also, don’t crunch on hard objects or foods, such as pens, ice, or certain kinds of candy. With good dental hygiene, annual oral exams, and professional cleanings, crowns can stay in good shape for up to 15 – 20 years.
Find out more about dental crown repair in Houston, TX
At Made Ya Smile Spring Cypress, TX, our dental practitioners will look at your tooth to work out the best dental crown repair method. Based on how much of it is damaged, we might be able to address it using resin. However, your crown might have to be remolded. In more serious situations, a different crown might be necessary. Reach out to our Houston, TX office today to make an emergency appointment to have your crown repaired.